Thursday, February 05, 2009

30 Songs -- Question Answer from IPod on Shuffle Songs

Sounds like a good timewaster (although) that makes less sense at 12:39am when already watching Southpark... Will do this on random from my IPod (ie Shuffle Songs)... Got it from Lori Ellison.

Also don't want to wake up wife from the ITunes since she is sleeping and has to get up at 6 am (me more like 9:50am) .. Will include star rating too and a note on some of them . just because I am like that ... FYI out of 5520 songs (which is only part of my ITunes Library)

1. What's my mood like right now?
Farther Up The Road - Bobby "Blue" Bland ... First date with my wife to be in January, 2003 with Cody ChesnuTT who I got to know in LA .. very cool .. love the wife! .. **** .. Going to finish this song ... a good one.

2. How's tomorrow going to be for me?
Penny Lane - The Beatles .. a good omen I think .. ****

3. What kind of person am I?
Leaving Just to Leave - Jake La Botz ... **** .. Got this CD at a laundromat he was playing in at the Sunset Strip (true story)... I am a bit of a wanderer although been in Maine a while

4. Am I loved?
Walkin' My Baby Back Home - Nat King Cole .. **** ... Love Nat King Cole .. just lovely ...i

5. How can I achieve my highest potential?
I Don't Go for That - Quincy Jones .. *** ... From the Grammy award winning for Best Album - Back on the Block .. great album .. and Q: The Autobiography of Quincy Jones is like the Forrest Gump of Music (**** for the book) .. ****1/2 for the album ... Even saw him at the great LA Festival of Books .. amazing book festival for a very, very materialist town (wondering if should have done this when it was earlier)

6. What should I do with my life?
My Cherie Amour - Stevie Wonder - *** ... sweet sentiment

7. Is everything really going to be alright in the end?
Robbins Nest - Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis ... honestly got the album because its jazz and my namesake .. fun album .. nice artist ... Had no rating .. gave it ***

8. What is my best quality?
Three Little Words - Duke Ellington .. *** ... lovely song ... words are "I love you"

9. How does my social life look?
Before You Fell Out of Love With Me ... Hank Williams, Jr .. had no rating .. will give *** ... sounds inauspicious

10. What's the meaning of life?
Misirlou - Dick Dale & His Del-Tones .. better known as the Pulp Fiction opening song .. **** ... not as good a version as that one ... I think that you have to surf with life as stated by King of the Surf Guitar ... Not a bad meaning of life. .. finished song

11. What do people think of me?
A Life So Changed - James Horner - Titanic Soundtrack .. not sure what to think of this .. its one of the sad songs in the movie .. instrumental ... has an Enya quality to it .. does it mean I am effermal .. not rated before **** .... Is a thought provoking song which is always a good thing. ..finished song

12. Would I make a good lover?
Backwards Masking - Christal Methodists --- *** .. Not sure what to think of this one .. its an album of prank calling Christian radio ... bizarre, bizarre, if fascinating album ... Lets let this one go .. the title is fun at least ... finshed the short track

13. How crazy am I?
It's Wonderful - Ella Fitzgerald .. .**** .. The main artist in our wedding and one of my wife's favorites .. thanks for the DJ equipment John .. that a lovely thought ... like it better for question 14

14. Will I have a good life in general?
Wappin - Darrell Hammond ... *** ... Dr. Demento 20th Anniversary album ... has Elmer Fudd Wappin ... I am very, very silly

15. Can Lanna Lee ever really love me?.
Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones ... **** .. .yep she can .. most definitely

16. Can me and Lanna Lee ever be more than friends?
Long, Long Summer - Dizzy Gillespie .. *** ... love the wife

17. What's going to happen to me this week?
Shy - Prince ... **** ... Definitely a recipe for fun ...

18. Where will I be a year from now?
Give Me One Reason - Tracy Chapman ... **** .. love Tracy Chapman .. one of the best debut albums of all time ... great job for this former busker on the T in Boston

19. What is my fondest wish?
There Something on Your Mind -- BB King & Etta James ... **** ... Again a very nice thought

20. What is the love of my life doing at this very moment?
Dead Cats Dead Rats -- The Doors ... **** ... This would be a very odd dream for the sleeping wife ... Fun crazy song

21. How did my parents meet?
I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow - The Soggy Bottom Boys - O Brother Where Art There Soundtrack - **** ... Makes it sound like country dancing ... But really it was over bridge and friends at UC Riverside

22. How will I die?
Diga, Diga Doo - The Mills Brothers ... **** .. The Mills Brothers are John Wooden's favorite band I found out ... Honestly makes me think of a New Orleans Jazz Wake .. which is an awesome tradition

23. What song will be played at my funeral?
A Big Hunk O' Love - Elvis Presley .. *** ... This would defintely be more of a party then a somber occasion if your playing this upbeat song

24. What will happen after I die?
Recorda Me - Joe Henderson - **** .. lush jazz symphonic record also has good portents

25. What will I dream about tonight?
We'll Meet Again Sweetheart - JD Crowe & The Kentucky Mountain Boys ... not rated .. will give *** (I give 3 a lot) ... That will meet your sweetheart again .. For me it would be about friends long lost and seen again ... Yep my collection is eclectic. ...Finished song .. .Lovely thought

26. What should I be working on right now?
Should I Stay or Should I Go - The Clash .. *** ... Really good guitar licks on a New Wave Record? .. Would like to develop some more music ability.

27. What's my roommate up to currently?
Future Love Paradise ... Seal .. *** ... Hopefully it means the wife is sleeping well ...

28. What did I do last weekend?
Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most - Barbara Streisand . .. **** ... I know its hard to believe but in 2 months its April ... honest answer is lots and lots of Magic: The Gathering with the Conflux pre-release

29. Describe me?
The Last Kuwaiti Women Held Hostage - Harry Shearer .. *** ... Silly .. the word would be silly .. and a big Simpsons fan ...

30. What does my music player think of me?
California Sun -- The Ramones ... **** ... That I enjoy myself and love to rock out on my breaks .. my IPod is definitely my friend @ work ... That I am out there having fun in the wicked cold Maine sun ...

This was really fun .. at least I don't type a lot on this kind of stuff.

edmund

Bonus Song -- I'll Walk Alone - Charlie Parker .. **** .. Although I can be social I like my space.

No comments: